Mexico is famously one of the most popular go-to destinations for vacation tourists who are interested in sun tanning. But Mexico is not just the world’s most popular tourist destination because it has a very bright sun, it is more popular for its intricate delicacies. A lot of tourists who visit Mexico do it because they are food lovers. They plan their trips to different locations in Mexico to get samples or small bites of the different flavors the country offers. Brooklyn too has quite a lot to offer when it comes to Mexican Food. In this article, we will give you the Best Mexican Brooklyn
Our Favorite Mexican Food
Before we get into the best Mexican in Brooklyn, we would like to give you an overview of our favorite Mexican food. There are a lot of food and deserts peculiar only to Mexico. Here are our Top 10 Mexican foods you just have to taste:
- Enchiladas – usually served with cheese and chicken, enchiladas are made of soft corn tortilla that has been draped in sauce and baked. It is known for how delicious it is.
- Guacamole- guacamole is one of the most popular dishes in the world. It is perhaps one of the best Mexican delicacies you can taste. It is also one of the oldest recipes of the Mexican. It is prepared from ingredients comprising of avocadoes, tomatoes, chilli pepper, onions, lemon juice etc. Sometimes it is served with tortilla chips. If it is not available, it is served alone.
- Tamales – these are made more as take away food. They are wrapped in banana leaves or corn husks before being cooked or steamed. They are very nourishing food
- Burritos (Meat fillings) – these are tortillas wrapped and stuffed with minced meat. They are usually made for parties.
- Mole Poblano- Mole poblano is a popular sauce in Mexico. They come in various make. The most popular ones are the rusty red sauce type usually served with chicken.
- Guilt-Free chilli – this is a sauce for eating baked bread. It is prepared using kidney beans, chilli pepper (lots of it), cheese, chicken, etc.
- Chilli con Carne – you love hot food? Then this is for you. Mexican delicacies come as spiced as you want them to be. Chilli con Carne is very spiced Mexican stew. There is usually a lot of meat and kidney beans in it. They are mostly served with freshly baked focaccia.
- Tomato Salsa – it is made as a dip for salsa. It offers more freshness and flavour for salsa
- Chilaquiles – is a breakfast dish made of fried corn tortillas together with salsa, fried eggs, boneless chicken, cheese and cream. This is usually served with frijoles
- Tacos al Pastor – it is a type taco; one of the earliest type. It is prepared using strips of roasted pork placed on a corn tortilla and served with onions and pineapple
What are the Best Mexicans in Brooklyn?
There are several restaurants outside of Mexico that offers all the special delicacies so that nobody can miss out. Even though these restaurants exist, U.S.A is one of the few known countries that have very few Mexican restaurants. It is important to note that at the time of this write-up, more Mexican restaurants have been built in the USA. Thus, for this reason, this article will highlight some of the locations where you can get the best Mexican Brooklyn restaurants, best Mexican Los Angeles restaurants and lots more. This will ensure that you can have a taste of what Mexican food and foodies are like the next time you visit the place.
- Williamsburg Union Avenue, Brooklyn
Casa Publica is a restaurant that mixes Mexican food with a normal American menu. It is featuring on this list because it also copies the architecture design of the restaurants in Mexico. It is a good place to visit if you stay in Brooklyn. Their Mexican food is indeed a must taste for a food lover.
- Prospect Heights, Brooklyn
As earlier said, there are a lot of Mexican restaurants in Brooklyn. The “El Atoradero” is a famous restaurant that was started in the Bronx before being moved to Brooklyn that can only be found. It also taps a lot from Mexican food culture. The El Atoradero restaurant is known for its costillas de Puerco en piptan Rojo – a famed delicious Mexican soup
- Jefferson Street Brooklyn
Another restaurant that boasts of an up to date Mexican delicacies is La Lupe Cantina. In fact, the restaurant is renowned for its “Perros Gordos” – a Mexican version of Hamburger. It is usually made of a mixture of beef and pork.
You should try out this restaurant if you want to get a taste of Mexico even though you are miles away from it.
- 91 Wyckoff Avenue, Brooklyn
There is a saying that says save the best for the last. The restaurant in question here is called the “Mesa Azteca”. It is a restaurant that manages to combine Mexican food culture with making a profit.
In the restaurant, while eating their special delicacies – most notable one is their well-made margaritas –you get to experience a live band’s music entertainment. These entertainments only come up at fortnights.
These are just a few examples of restaurants where you can get in Brooklyn where you can get any of the foods listed above. Mexican delicacies are rich and you should grab a bit if you can the next time you find yourself on any of the locations mentioned. One thing about Mexican food is they always leave you wanting more! Hopefully, this article has pointed you in the right direction.
Extra Tip for Los Angeles & Chigago
Hart Street, Los Angeles, Amaranto
Hart Street is home to one of the best Mexican restaurants – Amaranto Mexican Restaurant.
The restaurant prides itself as one of the few restaurants that cook Mexican delicacies using only produce and foodstuffs made in Mexico itself. It is perhaps one of the few Mexican restaurants that actually make these Mexican delicacies as original as they are supposed to be. There are a lot of delicacies on the restaurant’s menu. A most notable one is the Margaritas Tequila
Not Mexican restaurants per se, but a lot of really good fusion restaurants one can find in Short North Chicago. If you are a foodie and are planning on heading to Chicago or are living in Chigao, make sure to check out our article on the 5 best restaurants in Short Nort, Chicago.